[ebooktalk] CURRENT READING

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 12:52:35 +0100

Hi all

Shell, The Woman Before Me has been on my list for a while so I am pleased
that you are enjoying it. It bodes well for me when it gets to me.

For my reading group I am reading a new author to me Suzanna Gregory. The
book is entitled Bone of Contention and it is the Third in a series set in
Cambridge in the 14th century. It features a physician and the chief proctor
who is a monk. The Physicians views seem to be rather too modern to be true
for anyone at that time. For example, he is championing prostitutes and
actually uses the phrase of one who has been raped and murdered "nobody, not
even a whore, deserves that kind of treatment." It just doesn't fit somehow.

Apart from that it is a fairly straightforward mystery/detective story. A
bit annoyed about having to read the third in the series first however,

The Calibre reader was not very good so I had to seek the text file of it
and am much happier now. The reader was just not distinct enough for me and
seemed to slur words together which made it difficult to follow.

I am listening to the latest in the Ben Aronovich Rivers of London series.
So far it is proving better than the previous book in the series.

Steve