[ebooktalk] CURRENT READING

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 17:27:34 +0100

Hi

I'm about halfway through Dan Brown. It is the usual wild chase through an
historic background involveing the destruction of the odd irreplaceable work
of art. So far it has lacked the boring bits that rather slowed down his
last book - so far there are only brief excerpts from lectures on Dante but
they are not long enough to slow the pace.

I think it raises some questions about how much is owed to the recently dead
- that is to what lengths should an agency go to fulfil their last wishes.
So far I am enjoying it but it is not so good that I can't stop and do other
things.

Good entertainment - probably not a literary masterpiece. Just what I
expected!

Also reading a rather strange biography of Robbie Williams (the singer not
the film person). I was hoping it would contain some explanation of the
dynamics within Take That but so far it is concentrating on his solo career.
The author appears to have lived with Williams for some time to create the
book and his story emerges through informal conversation. There appears to
be no editorial intervention to bring coherence into the story. It is rather
long and I don't think I am going to last the course.

Steve