[duxuser] Re: keyboard

  • From: "Barry Adamaon Main Account" <barry.adamson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:47:19 -0400

Dear Ellen,

You asked about keyboards that can do 6-key input. While a list can be
provided, there is free software that lets you test any keyboard to see if
it can do 6-key entry. It is free and available for download from
braille2000.

Use the following link: http://www.braille2000.com/brl2000/KeyboardReq.htm
NOTE: If you type the link the  "K" and "R" in KeyboardReq must both be in
uppercase.

This link will take you to a page for a detail discussion about 6-key input
and why there is a problem with certain keyboards. The 2nd paragraph will
have a link to download a free program called KdbEval.Exe this program
allows you to test any keyboard to see if it supports 6-key entry. You can
copy this onto any cd and place the cd in the computer to load the program
to see the keyboard supports 6 key entry.

The link is: Click here to download the KbdEval tool.

This is a simple  program which emulates a braille cell along with the space
bar. As you press s d f j k l or spacebar key(s) It shows on the screen
which keys the keyboard transmitted if all 6 keys worked together the cell
will be completely filled in.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck

Barry