[duxuser] Re: keyboard

  • From: Linda Triasmono <lindatriasmono@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:54:12 +1000

Hi all,
ABout a month ago there was  a message on this list which showed a quick and
easy way to test a keyboard for 6-key entry suitability. The sender wrote:
Can I assume you are doing "six-key"input to a braille file as if you were?
using a Perkins Brailler? And if so, have you verified that your keyboard
supports six-key input?
(You can do this by going to any word processor; depress all six home row
keys at the same time as if you were brailing a full cell; if all six
letters show up then you should be fine.  The order is not important.)
This, if it is indeed the case, sounds like a simple solution and worth
repeating.
Cheers,
Linda Triasmono
On 20/09/2010, at 4:57 AM, Brian Lingard wrote:

> Ottawa Canada
>
> Dear Ellen and List:
>
> Ask your PC dealer for a keyboard with "True N[-key rollover."
> Alternatively you could call some keyboard makers such as
> Keytronics and ask which of their current offerings have this
> feature.  Seems many modern keyboards don't have this feature as
> it lets them reduce the price a bit.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Brian
> Brian K. Lingard
> E-mail: b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Tel: +1 (613) 247-0665
> Mobile: +1 (613) 725-6602
> New York, NY Tel: +1 (646) 797-2862
> FAX: +1 (613) 247-9998
> Skype: ve3yiab2ji15
> This message composed using J-Say and Dragon Naturally Speaking.

> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also

LINDA TRIASMONO
QUEENSLAND BRAILLE WRITING ASSOCIATION
MAGAZINE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR and