[duxuser] Re: Question about Generating a Table of Contents

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:46:26 -0400

Hi Antonnette,

Now I see what you mean. Unfortunately, the running footer/header causes a blank line at the bottom/top of the page, but I guess that's better than having page numbers that don't line up.

Steve

On Saturday 10/11/03 14:06 Antonnette Botha wrote:

If your running page position is bottom right and you choose those page
numbers to be used in your table of contents, the running page number will
appear at the end of the last line on the page, i.e. in the area where you
expect your contents page number to appear, pushing the contents page number
to the left, out of alignment with the rest of the contents page numbers.
If you have a a running footer the alignment of contents page numbers is not
disturbed since there is no contents page number in a footer line.

The same problem would occur if your running page numbers appear top right
and you have no running title in line 1 of your braille page.

So Teri is right: if you do not want a running footer or running title on
the contents page(s), use the appropriate  codes and type a space to
represent the footer or header.

Antonnette