[duxuser] Fwd: Re: can't connect to the internet

  • From: Glenda Born <gjborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:49:56 -0500

Hi George, et al

I just purchased a second-hand Index Basic-D and it was working fine when the person from whom I purchased it used it. When I set it up just like I have it set up at work I get nothing but garbage. I don't know if I've inadvertently changed a setting but I've checked and can't seem to find anything out of sorts. The Parallel port is set exactly as the one at work. Also my index basic embosser works just fine. I tried three different cables, restarted the computer, and double checked the settings in Duxbury. I tried the "unknown embosser" listed at the bottom of the embosser list in Duxbury, and got the same garbage when I embossed. It's a mystery and I really would like to be able to use that embosser because I have a bunch of stuff to emboss for a class I'm taking. When I ran the "Help" feature it printed at least stuff I could read, like the communications port settings and I think those are all right. I ran it with the parallel cable that came with the embosser. It's version 2.34. I'm running Windows 98 and Duxbury 10.4. Is there a way to set the embosser back to the factory settings? Wonder if that's possible if that would fix the problem or if it's going to have to be sent back to Sighted Electronics for servicing. Any ideas? Any Suggestions? Is there a reset button on the index that I might try? Help!

Glenda gjborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx