[duxuser] Re: Braille for Natural Join symbol?

  • From: "Rasmussen, Lloyd" <lras@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:37:30 -0400

Your student will probably not know the Nemeth symbol for a natural join
anyway.  If you don't get a more definitive answer, you might need to invent a
symbol and provide a transcriber's note defining the symbol.  People do
transcriber's notes and special symbols pages all the time.

In my personal opinion, a lot less should be put on special symbols pages,
assuming that the reader knows a little more about the codes in question.  But
I don't write the rules.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the
Library of Congress, NLS.