[duxuser] Braille for Natural Join symbol?

  • From: Sean J Keegan <skeegan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:21:04 -0700

Hello all,

We are working on a relational database book for a computer science student and encountered a symbol that we are unsure of when attempting to convert to Braille. The symbol is called a "natural join" and (essentially) looks like a bow tie. It is used in relational algebra and database design.

Here is a wikipedia entry for the natural join:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relational_algebra#Natural_join_.28.E2.8B.88.29

We have been doing some research to identify the Braille representation of the symbol, but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know what the appropriate Braille representation is for the natural join?

Thanks and take care,
Sean

--
Sean Keegan, M.S.
Associate Director, Assistive Technology