[duxuser] Re: Braille for Natural Join symbol?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:54:57 +0100

Hi Sean,

You have raised a very interesting and timely question, since I'm
currently working with MathType 6.7 on other issues.

I believe what you are looking for in print terms is either Unicode
2A1D simply known as "Join", and/or Unicode 22C8 known as "Bowtie".

(And perhaps even Unicode 27D7 known as "Full Outer Join".)

Moreover, while I have quite an extensive range of Unicode Fonts on my
system, I have only been able to locate 22C8 (Bowtie) in the "Arial
Unicode MS" character set.

I've not been able to trace any information as regards how they should
be interpreted in Braille, but have Bcc'd this to one or two people
who may be able to advise.