[duxhelp] Re: File Open, file types

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:17:00 +0100

Hi Peter,

> I can verify that All Files (*.*) is item 4 of 4.  Without JAWS running,
> keyboard control can select another item by pushing Down Arrow then Up
> Arrow.  I don't know what you've tried for key commands, or whether any
> other JAWS user can verify that the dialog gets stuck on item 4 of 4 when
> JAWS is running.

I had tried using each of the cursor keys, but must have used cursor down
last.  I had also tried alt+cursor down in case the list needed to be opened
first.

When I use cursor down first, then cursor up, as you suggest, it works just
fine.

If that is a standard Windows feature, it is one that has escaped me for a
decade or so.  <smile>

Anyway, that's one little mystery solved.

Cheers.

Ian