[dokuwiki] Re: pending patches?

  • From: "Notamment.be" <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:42:46 +0100

Notamment.be a écrit :
Do you usually type a " quote " already with the spaces? Or do you type it without them and entrust your word processor to do the spacing?

It depends. In a text editor (MS Word, OOo Writer), I type only the " and it changes to &laquo;&nbsp; if the " is following a space or &nbsp;&raquo; if following a non-space. This is the default setting for the French and Belgian-French locales.

So the space is automatically added. But the result is immediate.

Typing «some text» or <<some text>> with no space is just plain weird *for me*.

However, most people I know are not bothered with typographical niceties and what are the prescribed characters and would very gladly type <<some text>> and see «some text» or type "some text" and see “some text” (or even "some text" - with no change).

I forgot to write that (I think that) nobody would enter %%" some text "%%. That is just too weird.

--
Philippe