[dokuwiki] Re: Per-page discussions

  • From: Redeeman <redeeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:42:03 +0200

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 09:15 -0500, Joe Lapp wrote:
> > i use dokuwiki because it isnt as big, and cluttered as stuff like media
> > wiki.. i wouldnt like having stuff like discussion stuff and such.. its
> > easy just to link to a phpbb forum..
>
> I agree.  That's one of the reasons I'm using DokuWiki and not MediaWiki.
>
> Maybe all we need is a page that tells people how to integrate discussions
> into their DokuWiki installations.  I'm not familiar with phpbb or with how I
> might tie it in nicely with DokuWiki.
>
> Just having that page on splitbrain might effectively arm DokuWiki with
> robust discussion support.  Certainly its absence leaves me wondering whether
> it's possible with the current DokuWiki, and I'm a programmer; surely
> non-programmers will assume that it's not possible.

well ofcourse its easy.. but if we just want discussion like mediawiki
has, then all you need a button which appends _discussion to the url if
you are on a wikipage, and not already on a discussion page.. but that
hardly seems nice..

discussion is very ugly on mediawiki, because wiki's arent forums, and
shouldnt be used for it.. a link to a forum node would be much better.