[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Re: new tasks?

  • From: Dennis Plöger <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:41:41 +0200

Hi!

> a) wildcard or subjectaltnames certificate?

I would go with SAN. In my experience, new hosts don't require a new cert but
can simply be added to the existing cert.

I personally dislike wildcards for a professional setup

> b) subject name indication or multiple IPs?

I would go with SNI.

If we go with multiple IPs, I would use different certificates for each IP and
not use SAN. (In my opinion SANs are just a trick for single-IP-scenarios)

Kind regards
Dennis