[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Re: new tasks?

  • From: "Dokuwiki (Andrwe)" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:48:05 +0200

Hi,

cfg2html (http://www.cfg2html.com/) could be worth considering. It is
thorough, comprehensive and does have the abillity to make output in
plain text - output which could be imported to the teams:serversetup
wiki page.

I'll have a look at it.

Zabbix is very rich and can do this, too. I will create a user for the monitoring server and you can have a look around.

Nice I'll have a look at it.

I've seen that but fail2ban is able to analyze log files run tasks if a limit is succeded. IMO fail2ban is an addition to the currect system not a replacement. E.g. if there are more than 3 failed logins via SSH an iptables rule is added which blocks the source IP.
Thing is, if we really need it. How many times did we actually ban users?

I'll look into the logs and analyze how many "attacks" we have and sent the results later today.

From a "pragmatic sysadmin" point of view, I'd prefer quaratine with
an expiration time (e.g. 24 hours) over a static blocking of the IP.
 It keeps the number of iptable rules down, and in my experience it's
an adequate reaction to a dictionary attack.

Fail2ban supports expiring time of rules which are added by it.

Andrwe