[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Re: new tasks?

  • From: Andrwe <andrwe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:58:56 +0200

Hi

 1. install and configure monit to check and control services

we do have some monitoring setup based on zabbix, best talk to Dennis
Ploeger about the details.

Monit isn't just monitoring but also automated reaction like if the service isn't running it will be started.
I'll talk to Dennis about that.

2. change main protocol of websites to https and redirect http to https
(e.g. forum, bugs, munin, etc...)

We only have CACert.org based certificates. We'd need to buy a real
one first.

K.

3. implement some scripts which automaticaly update the documentation of
the server (package status, hardware, mainly this site:
http://www.dokuwiki.org/teams:serversetup )

good idea

Then I'll add it to the tasks.

 4. install and configure smartd

good idea

Then I'll add it to the tasks.

 5. install and configure fail2ban

I believe we have a firewall based rate limit script in use already

I've seen that but fail2ban is able to analyze log files run tasks if a limit is succeded.
IMO fail2ban is an addition to the currect system not a replacement.
E.g. if there are more than 3 failed logins via SSH an iptables rule is added which blocks the source IP.

Is there a channel besides dokuwiki-teams which is only used by the admins?

The teams list is the preferred channel as it allows others to chime
in. That's why I replied on list.

K, I'll use the teams-list then.

Andrwe