[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Re: new tasks?

  • From: Frank Jørgensen <frank@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:52:44 +0200

Hi

>>>  3. implement some scripts which automaticaly update the documentation of
>>> the server (package status, hardware, mainly this site:
>>> http://www.dokuwiki.org/teams:serversetup )

cfg2html (http://www.cfg2html.com/) could be worth considering. It is
thorough, comprehensive and does have the abillity to make output in
plain text - output which could be imported to the teams:serversetup
wiki page.

> I've seen that but fail2ban is able to analyze log files run tasks if a
> limit is succeded.
> IMO fail2ban is an addition to the currect system not a replacement.
> E.g. if there are more than 3 failed logins via SSH an iptables rule is
> added which blocks the source IP.

From a "pragmatic sysadmin" point of view, I'd prefer quaratine with
an expiration time (e.g. 24 hours) over a static blocking of the IP.
 It keeps the number of iptable rules down, and in my experience it's
an adequate reaction to a dictionary attack.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards
Frank M.G. Jørgensen