[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Re: new tasks?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 13:25:33 +0200

I just talked to my admin here, there are few things we'd need to
decide first I guess

a) wildcard or subjectaltnames certificate?

 - wildcards may be more easily abused
 - we only want 3 subdomains, so altnames might be cheaper
 - adding another subdomain would require a new cert with altnames

b) subject name indication or multiple IPs?

 - SNI seems not to be supported for WinXP based IEs and IE6
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication)
 - We have a whole IPv6 subnet, mutliple IPv6s are no problem
 - addtional IPv4 addresses are included in our Hetzner package but
need to be requested first
 - multiple IPs might complicate apache, DNS and firewall setups

From my understanding above, we should probably go for Multi-IP with
altnames. But I'm open for your suggestions.

Andi

--
splitbrain.org