[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Re: new tasks?

  • From: Dennis Plöger <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 12:30:34 +0200

Hi Andrwe!

Nice to have you on board!

> Monit isn't just monitoring but also automated reaction like if the service
> isn't running it will be started.
> I'll talk to Dennis about that.

Zabbix is very rich and can do this, too. I will create a user for the
monitoring server and you can have a look around.

With munin and Zabbix around, I don't think, we need another monitor running.

>>> 2. change main protocol of websites to https and redirect http to https
>>> (e.g. forum, bugs, munin, etc...)
>>
>> We only have CACert.org based certificates. We'd need to buy a real
>> one first.

Or only secure websites, that need better security (like bugs) with a
cacert-certificate.

Andi, do we have money for an official certificate?

I think, a single certificate with SubjectAltNames together with the vHosts is
enough, I wouldn't want to setup a multi-interface-server just for that.

> I've seen that but fail2ban is able to analyze log files run tasks if a limit
> is succeded.
> IMO fail2ban is an addition to the currect system not a replacement.
> E.g. if there are more than 3 failed logins via SSH an iptables rule is added
> which blocks the source IP.

Thing is, if we really need it. How many times did we actually ban users?

You know, I like secure, but minimal systems.

Kind regards
Dennis