[directmusic] Re: Hi.

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:13:40 -0500

The Quickstart project uses the Roland General MIDI dls set provided with
DirectX.  When you use DLS, you either use your own custom dls sounds or you
use gm.dls.  GM.dls is the source of the premade instruments you are seeing.
The file itself is located at C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\gm.dls  (In Windows
2k) or C:\Windows\system32\drivers\gm.dls (XP and 9x)

 If you have the Demo8 project installed I recommend you go through that
using the bookmarks.  That's a really helpful tutorial.

To get it go here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/topic.asp?url
=/msdn-files/028/000/114/topic.xml
and download the demo.

It's also on the DX CD.  Run this file to install it:
E:\DXF\DXSDK\essentls\DMusProd\DemoContent\DMPDemoContent.exe  (that's where
it is on the 8.1 CD)

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com