[directmusic] Re: Hi.

  • From: ofer shvartz <ofer3d@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 06:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the reply.
I was talking about the programming side of DirectMusic... I can't see a way to
create instruments with a wave sample, without loading any MIDI or DLS files.

 Bjorn Lynne <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am new in this list, so I want to ask a question and have this post also
as a test if >I posted successfuly.

It's working. :-)

> I want to create instruments from a sound sample, without loading a DLS or
MIDI >file, can it be done?

Yes, DirectMusic Producer includes an instrument designer part. You can
build the instruments inside DirectMusic Producer, from samples that you
load. You can even export DLS instruments from DirectMusic Producer, and use
them in other programs that support the DLS format.

Kind regards,
--
Bjorn Lynne - Composer, Producer, Sound Designer
Main music site: www.lynnemusic.com