[delphizip] Re: Error in spanned files

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Aelbrecr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:33:42 +0200

Alfeu Marcatto wrote:
> Ok. This problem was solved.
> The incompatibility with the WinZip remains.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alfeu
>
> R. Peters wrote:

I agree but this is a problem that has to be solved by WinZip
WinZip clearly has a problem with a splitted central directory.
Splitting the central directory is allowed.

From the PKWARE AppNote we use as 'specification'
under section I. General

  3)  Local headers should not span disk boundaries.  Also, even
          though the central directory can span disk boundaries, no
          single record in the central directory should be split
          across disks.

Roger Aelbrecht
http://home.tiscali.be/driehoeksw