[ddots-l] Re: sample rate question

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:28:30 -0000

MessageBob wrote: snip, For those who feel that way, why in your opinion does
bit rate matter more than high sampling rates?

Phil replied: if you record at a higher bit rate then, you will get a lot more
head room.  Also instruments such as bass guitar, drums etc, have more depth to
them, even after you come down from 24 bit, to 16.  Working at higher sample
rates, could be worth doing if we all were not mastering for Cd.  I don't
personally think it's worth doing as you need a lot more band with and CPU
power to work at say, 96 or, 192.

Regards, Phil Muir

P J Muir Productions,
Music And Audio Production