[ddots-l] Re: Sonar system question

  • From: Phil Muir <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:58:19 +0100

Well you may wish to take a look at Reaper under Windows. Accessibility with
that is steadily improving :-)

On 21 October 2015 13:42:16 BST, Raywonder <raywonder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It would help if we could use Windows 10 with sonar, then it wouldn't
be a problem. And I wish that I knew that before I had the agency
purchase the Mac book that I have now that's on the way. Oh well… I
would just be using ProTools and GarageBand … Cannot forget logic!
That's a really cool app!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2015, at 5:52 AM, George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Phil and anyone looking at MacBook Pro systems, do please read on.

BEWARE, having just purchased one of the very latest MacBook Pro
systems, I found to my amazement, horror and disgust that Apple’s Boot
Camp no longer supports Windows 7 Professional, only 8, 8.1 and 10.
Even the UK Apple Support technician I spoke to didn’t know this until
he made enquiries within Apple. So it’s official.

I sent more money on VM Ware, which did allow me to install Windows,
but that seems to cause problems when running certain Word 2010 add
ins.

Finally in sheer desperation, I have installed Windows 10 having had
to actually purchase a copy of Windows 10.

I will spare you all further details of the aggravation all this has
caused.

George