[ddots-l] Re: Anybody on this list using the sample piano by Alicia Keys by Kontakt?

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:18:34 -0400

Phil,

I'm kind of confused on this one too. I was under the impression that the spots for the Kontakt player will give you access to it. Is that just for the player itself, or is it one of those things where certain aspects are accessible and libraries aren't? I'll be purchasing the piano and some of the other stuff I want, but if I need to team up with sighted assistance to get my presets the way I want them, then I'm most likely going to have to get into a situation where they'll have to connect to the computer.

I work closely with a duo that has a stage show in Florida; I produce backing tracks for them. I'm stepping into new territory here; I don't have a lot of time and patience to experiment as it were. I need to get up and running with this stuff within reason after I get it on the system.

By the way, if you or anyone else on-list is interested, I found a pretty neat little voice chat app called HeyTell. I don't know if it's cross-platform, but anyone who has an iPhone can access it very well with VoiceOver. I thought it might be neat to set something up where if someone wanted to connect and chat, it could be done rather well with this thing. The app has add-ons for $1.99 US; one of which is a group module where you can have up to 100 people in the chat. What's neat about this is you can use it as a standalone app, or you can connect it to Facebook and/or Twitter. I thought this might be kind of cool for easily connecting with somebody without a whole lot of hassle; and the voice quality's good too.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>