[ddots-l] Re: Anybody on this list using the sample piano by Alicia Keys by Kontakt?

  • From: Phil Muir <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:20:25 +0000

Mike. As far as I am aware it gives you access to the player. It definitely
doesn't give you access to all presets for individual libraries so saving
presets with sighted assistance in Sonar's presets list would be a goood option
because once those presets are saved in Sonar's presets list then, providing
you have the library installed then you can arrow up and down them whilst
playing a project back in real-time. That's why I saved out all of Superior
Drummers presets in this way.

On 29 October 2015 02:18:34 GMT+00:00, Mike Tyo <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Phil,

I'm kind of confused on this one too. I was under the impression that
the
spots for the Kontakt player will give you access to it. Is that just
for
the player itself, or is it one of those things where certain aspects
are
accessible and libraries aren't? I'll be purchasing the piano and some
of
the other stuff I want, but if I need to team up with sighted
assistance to
get my presets the way I want them, then I'm most likely going to have
get into a situation where they'll have to connect to the computer.

I work closely with a duo that has a stage show in Florida; I produce
backing tracks for them. I'm stepping into new territory here; I don't
have
a lot of time and patience to experiment as it were. I need to get up
and
running with this stuff within reason after I get it on the system.

By the way, if you or anyone else on-list is interested, I found a
pretty
neat little voice chat app called HeyTell. I don't know if it's
cross-platform, but anyone who has an iPhone can access it very well
with
VoiceOver. I thought it might be neat to set something up where if
someone
wanted to connect and chat, it could be done rather well with this
thing.
The app has add-ons for $1.99 US; one of which is a group module where
you
can have up to 100 people in the chat. What's neat about this is you
can use
it as a standalone app, or you can connect it to Facebook and/or
Twitter. I
thought this might be kind of cool for easily connecting with somebody
without a whole lot of hassle; and the voice quality's good too.

Mike