[ddots-l] Re: Effects Parameter Automation Not Recording

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:36:41 -0400

Hey Chris,

From what you're saying, this should work. I haven't been in a situation where
I've done automation on more than one track at a time; you've grouped the
controls, which should technically cause all controls in that group to respond
accordingly.

When I've done automation, I've never messed with the value sub-menu. I always
take a snapshot of the controls' values at the beginning of the project, then
do my automation as required. I wonder if you've encountered a bug in Sonar
where it won't do group controls in real-time effects? If so, then you'd have
to do the exact automation on the tracks you're working with. I'm sure that
would be a very big pain in the butt to get it exact on each of those tracks.
Obviously that's why you have the ability to group controls. Smart move on
Cakewalk's part; but not if it doesn't work.

Mike