[ddots-l] Re: Effects Parameter Automation Not Recording

  • From: Robert Hall <cutterdeedo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:58:59 -0500

Try cloning the track where automation worked, minus the events and try pasting
the events from the track where automation did not take affect into the clone
which has all the properties you need except the events. I never had this
situation, so don't know if it will give you what you want. Robbie Lee: Hope
this helps.

The world and people are more beautiful when we view them from the inside
out.Greetings: Robert Hall
Visit me on the cloud at: https://soundcloud.com/robertlee-hall or visit my
site at: www.truecutproductions.com.

On Oct 28, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok this is a strange one.

I have a situation where real time effect parameter automation is not being
recorded. Or rather, it is being recorded on one track but not a second
track, even though automation for the parameter is write enabled, I've set
starting value and taken a snapshot of armed parameters at the start of my
track, and armed controls are grouped.

Here's the scenario in more detail.

The client wants a telephone line audio effect on both kick and snare, and
for that effect to diminish over about 8 seconds. In other words, the sound
opens up over a few bars.

I insert the EQ on one track, get my sharp filter settings how I want, and
save a preset. I then stick the same EQ plug-in on the second track and load
my preset, so the settings are duplicated. So far so good.

This EQ has a wet/dry control, so presumably, I can just automate this
control in both plug-in instances, as a group. The control defaults to 100%
wet, my starting position.

I write-enable the parameter for the wet/dry control on both tracks, and add
both controls to Group A.
I start playback and do my gradual sweep down to 0% or fully dry, and I hear
both tracks change in real time as they should.

Then, I restart playback and for some reason, only one of the two tracks
changes!

I've since tried just automating and recording the move on the second track
by itself, and again, the automation doesn't play back. Yes, Read Automation
is enabled. (grin)

This is a last-minute change to an otherwise complete mix, so I have tons of
other stuff going on, although no other automation is recorded in the project
that might be interfearing with things. Short of tearing the mix down and
rebuilding, which would take hours, is there something else I can do?

I could put the EQ on a bus and output both tracks to it, but I have lots of
other sends and things going on, so the result won't be as effective.

Am I missing a step when automating? Again, I am setting the value of the
control as start, and taking a snapshot of all armed controls at the
beginning of my project. So things should be fine initially, right?

Does Sonar have a bug involving automating a couple of grouped controls?

thanks for any ideas,

Chris

--- Learn to meditate and train your brain with Muse, the first lab-grade EEG
biofeedback headband for home use! PLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE! To
leave the list, click on the immediately following link:
then send a message to: ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the Subject line
type unsubscribe For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
immediately following link: ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq or send
a message, to ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the Subject line type faq