[softwarelist] paste chapter

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:35:23 +1100

Because Ovation Pro for windows 7 does not insert pages the way I thought it should I tried a different way.

Split the document into chapters that is delete 40 odd pages and keep the first few save as chapter1.

Repeat with another few pages so now have 3 chapters so now tried to copy and paste.

Closed OP and started again and looked at all the chapters and everyone as expected 2 pages each.
Closed and reloaded OP

The first copy and paste worked now have 2 chapters saved, the first few pages are not numbered so did not need to modify chapters.

Now tried to paste the third (2 pages) and OK saved now have a 6 page document.

Saved and closed OP, reopened and there are the 6 pages as expected

Now the page numbers in the last chapter need revising starting from right instead of left as soon as I did that it added all the other 40 odd pages that I had deleted.

Have tried different way of adding to new document and saving the chapter and it does the same.

So some where in the system it is saving the deleted pages these are not seen until I ask to change from right to left or change start number in modify chapter then they get inserted.

Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales