[softwarelist] Re: Insert page

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:20:52 +1100

On 21/11/2010 8:48 AM, David Pilling wrote:
Hi,

In message <4CE83664.3070906@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Have carried out another insert page test.

The thing with page insert, or delete for that matter, is the non-intuitive behaviour. Mostly this is caused by "auto page insert" and "auto page delete", which are usually set on from the document general preferences.

For example you have a two page document, you insert a page after page 1. You might expect to have page 1, a blank page, and then the old page 2. That's not what you get, the contents of the old page 2 flow backwards into the newly inserted page.

If there are no local frames or lines on the old page 2, everything will have flowed back to the new page, the blank old page 2 will then be automatically deleted.

End result the document looks just like it did before you inserted the page.

Thanks but why does the picture in page 1 move to the middle of page 2.

I have unset the auto page etc. and it still does not work

It appears that it is not possible to insert a page to work on that to me is a bug.

As you say the work around is to put everything on page 2 into a frame and then it works but proberly gets even more complicate on a longer document, have not tried yet.

There does not seem much point having insert new page if it does not work as intended:-)).

Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales