[softwarelist] Re: Tablemate alternative

  • From: Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 06:33:16 +1100

David Pilling wrote:
In message <4743C3D2.6070509@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
The documents make extensive use of Tablemate not for its
spreadsheet facility buts ability to create tables with pictures
as well as text.

Is there anything in the Windows world that will do the job?

I would guess someone has done a table editor for Windows - probably there are millions. One trick is that you can copy/paste from Excel - it saves things as Windows meta files to the clipboard. I presume that also works with free versions like Open Office.

Does not look like it, only found SmartDraw which is over the top for as an equivalent to TableMate more does charting a graphs, floorplans etc. Need Tablemate to be ported now if I was a programmer, or its features incorporated into OVP!!

Peter

--
Peter Prewett, Tumut, New South Wales