[softwarelist] Re: Tablemate alternative

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:17:45 +0000

Richard Travers wrote:
In article <47482C19.8030002@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Travers wrote:
In article <47471456.8040409@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the other hand, I can cut and paste from an Excel spreadsheet (table or graph) into Adobe Illustrator, where the text and paths remain editable. I often create graphs in Excel, copy them into AI, "tweak" them, then export as eps or tiff(etc.). Can you do that with ArtWorks, I wonder ...?
Eureka>Save as Draw>Artworks- "tweak">Export in a variety of formats.

Ah yes, of course. It's a long time since I've used Eureka (in its time, more than a match for Excel). But as far as I can see any pictures dropped into Eureka don't export with the Draw file.

If by pictures you mean charts, then they do have to be separate chart
documents (New Document>Chart) to be exported as Draw files.

I've never tried to import any other type of picture into Eureka.

No, I meant any bitmaps or vector images. They can be imported into Eureka documents, but not (I think) exported directly in draw format along with the other spreadsheet data. But this is now off topic ...
--
C.B.