[softwarelist] Re: Tablemate alternative

  • From: Richard Travers <richtm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:20:45 +0000 (GMT)

In article <47482C19.8030002@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Travers wrote:
> > In article <47471456.8040409@xxxxxxxx>,
> >    Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> On the other hand, I can cut and paste from an Excel spreadsheet (table
> >> or graph) into Adobe Illustrator, where the text and paths remain
> >> editable. I often create graphs in Excel, copy them into AI, "tweak"
> >> them, then export as eps or tiff(etc.). Can you do that with ArtWorks, I
> >> wonder ...?
> >
> > Eureka>Save as Draw>Artworks- "tweak">Export in a variety of formats.

> Ah yes, of course. It's a long time since I've used Eureka (in its time,
> more than a match for Excel). But as far as I can see any pictures
> dropped into Eureka don't export with the Draw file.

If by pictures you mean charts, then they do have to be separate chart
documents (New Document>Chart) to be exported as Draw files.

I've never tried to import any other type of picture into Eureka.

I don't use Eureka much nowadays, usually relying on Open Office Calc on the
other side of the machine.

  Richard Travers
  richtm@xxxxxxxxxx
  Truro, Cornwall