[softwarelist] Re: Tablemate alternative

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:30:17 +0000

In message <4743C3D2.6070509@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Prewett <pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

The documents make extensive use of Tablemate not for its
spreadsheet facility buts ability to create tables with pictures
as well as text.

Is there anything in the Windows world that will do the job?

I would guess someone has done a table editor for Windows - probably there are millions. One trick is that you can copy/paste from Excel - it saves things as Windows meta files to the clipboard. I presume that also works with free versions like Open Office.