[softwarelist] Re: "Save As" button in OPW 2.92 (17 August 06)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:07:11 +0000

David Pilling wrote:

In message <45433DBA.2060105@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
University of Edinburgh network via Cisco's VPN Client, but the folders I was attempting to save to are on my local C_drive.

Of course it is not the ones you're accessing now that sometimes cause the time delay, it is ones that you accessed once upon a time.

software (not something I look forward to). In the meantime, if anybody has an ideas on why the Save As button won't work in OPW ...?

<sigh> but it is a time delay right? not a complete lack of function.

True ... but, in theory, could the time delay not be hardware related, e.g. defective hard drive?

However, I'm less concerned about the time delay than the non-functioning Save As button. And this morning I notice that the File Info button in OPW is also not working ... tho' File>Info works. What does this suggest? Bad interaction with another piece of software? Imperfectly installed Windows XP?
--
CB