[softwarelist] Re: pdf-import

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:05:20 +0100

In message <453FCB31.2060300@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes

However, one thing puzzles me. In an earlier email to the list you hinted that in a future release of OPW there might be the facility to import a PDF document and edit it using Ovation Pro. How would that work? Presumably not on the preview bitmap?

Well (for example) !PDF could be used to turn the PDF into a Draw file - then there could be a new function that turned a Draw file into editable Ovation Pro objects.

All this could be made transparent to the user.

Or one could modify !PDF to actually output Ovation Pro DDL.

I keep saying !PDF - that is the RISC OS version of an open source project, it can be used on other platforms and is open to modification.