[softwarelist] Re: "Save As" button in OPW 2.92 (17 August 06)

  • From: Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:01:08 +0000

David Pilling wrote:

In message <454640E3.1000203@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian A Dunn <i.dunn2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Export doesn't work either , is there a list of the Windows defns for the Macros please somewhere ?

Export on the file menu?

I wonder if this point should be mentioned with the other - there is no RISC OS export function so a similar mix up can't occur.

Please explain what happens...

As to the Windows macros definition... When you install OPW a !Macros file is written to a location akin to:

C:\Program Files\DavidPilling\OvationPro\AutoRun

If you change the macro definitions then the modified !Macros file goes into somewhere like:

C:\Documents and Settings\David Pilling\Application Data\DavidPilling\OvationPro\AutoRun

So a quick way to default the macros is to delete the latter file.

I haven't attempted to alter any macro definitions , at least not until today to make corrections as it were so I can only assume the Risc Os ones arrived with the download unless they have arrived via a document from Risc Os if that is possible ?

Having altered the two offered and pressing save I find that on reloading they have returned again to the Risc Os ones :-(

If I click on the Export button nothing happens rather as nothing happens again if I click on save as or info .

Can I just confirm that I should be able to overwrite the default/pre existing macros by pressing save and that that should last until the next time I use OP ?

Ian