[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 22:43:15 +0000

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 19:24:06 +0000 (GMT)
Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <51af56877cdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <20110304232658.16413917@mdxu>,
> >    Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > [Snip]
>
> > > If you change !MakeRTF.!Runimage as below, handed double quotes
> > > handed single quotes and diphthongs will be replaced with simple
> > > equivalents.
>
> > > DEFFNtext(f%)
> > > REM Read Text Object
> > > LOCAL c%,t$
> > > t$=""
> > > c%=BGET#f%
> > > WHILE c%<>ASC("""")
> > >   IF c%=ASC("\") THEN c%=BGET#f%
> > >   CASE c% OF
> > >     WHEN 158:t$+="fi"
> > >     WHEN 159:t$+="fl"
> > >     WHEN 148,149:t$+=CHR$34
> > >     WHEN 144,145:t$+="'"
> > >     WHEN 230:t$+="ae"
> > >     OTHERWISE t$+=CHR$(c%)
> > >    ENDCASE
> > >   c%=BGET#f%
> > > ENDWHILE
> > > =t$
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > Martin
>
> > Interesting thought Martin, thanks, but doesn't really answer the
> > problem. She needs the sexed quotes, that's why they are on.
>
> > MakeRTF needs to translate ' 144 to be 145 and  ' 145 to be 146.
>
> > Similarly  " 148 to be 147 and " 149 to be 147 when it creates the
> > RTF file.
>
> > Could it do that?
>
> Change the above FN to contain for example
>
>         WHEN 144:t$+=CHR$145
>         WHEN 145:t$+=CHR$146
>         WHEN 148:t$+=CHR$147
>         WHEN 149:t$+=CHR$147 (do you want 148 and 149 to be 147?)
>
> instead of the line
>         WHEN 144,145:t$+="'"

Chris has replied for me, and as can be seen it's very simple to isolate
any input character and output anything you like in its place, a single
character or group of characters. I've actually used this technique to
add control codes to text to add component labels on a
computer-controlled saw.

Martin
--
Martin R Devon MSc