[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:48:23 GMT

In message <519377660fdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <1d133351f469772acee1f59db19a24c0.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

>> Tester1.tf into Word 11 (2003) on Win XP (32 bit) appears blank. Ctrl-A
>> to select all (doesn't show anything is selected) and either Clear
>> Formatting or select the Normal style and the text appears.

>> Anthony

> That is very interesting Anthony, thanks.

> If we now re-apply just one (Any one) piece of formatting the text again
> vanishes. (Obviously returns when formatting is cleared again).

> While it's interesting and useful to see, not much help overall as it
> loses all the formatting.

> There is obviously something amiss with the OvPro RTF Saving.

A quick look at the two rtf files shows that the OPro version defines
some styles with the word additive, whereas Imp doesn't. While I don't
know what that means, it does make me wonder whether the way the
styles are defined is upsetting Word.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx