[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:16:15 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4D2B3ABD.6080000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tony van der Hoff <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/01/11 16:04, Dave Symes wrote:

> > There is obviously something amiss with the OvPro RTF Saving.
> >

> Nothing obvious about that; rather jumping to conclusions.

> Both RTFs open correctly in OpenOffice. Why do people continue to frig
> about with that Microsoft crap?

Really OT.
But quick answer.
OO is a bloated slow to do anything piece if kit, but more importantly, If
someone send you a complex DocX file to edit, and you attempt to edit it
in OO, when you return said file to originator, they are not best pleased
at the mess they get.
Particularly if you are an editor, (She is) and get paid for the job.

Back to the plot...

There is so much difference between the the construction of the RTF output
from OvPro and all the other sources of RTF I've looked at.

All other sources of RTF I've tried load into Word okay... As noted even
RTF out of the ancient Imp Publisher, which was always known for producing
iffy RTF, works in Word.

Thank goodness there are a few folks here with a less pejorative view of
Fay's problem.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid