[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:04:26 +0000 (GMT)

In article <1d133351f469772acee1f59db19a24c0.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Help! I'm in the brown stuff... I've been encouraging my dear wife to
> > migrate from Imp Publisher to RISC OS OvPro, and for a while that was
> > going okay, but she does need to sometimes Save out at RTF to transfer
> > to the PC and Word.
> >
> > Until recently, that (It appears) worked perfectly okay, but this
> > weekend for some unfathomable reason, the RTF files out of Ovation
> > Pro, which appear to load in Word only display as a blank document.
> >
> > I've tried this on two different versions of Word with the same end
> > result.

> Tester1.tf into Word 11 (2003) on Win XP (32 bit) appears blank. Ctrl-A
> to select all (doesn't show anything is selected) and either Clear
> Formatting or select the Normal style and the text appears.

> Anthony

That is very interesting Anthony, thanks.

If we now re-apply just one (Any one) piece of formatting the text again
vanishes. (Obviously returns when formatting is cleared again).

While it's interesting and useful to see, not much help overall as it
loses all the formatting.

There is obviously something amiss with the OvPro RTF Saving.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid