[softwarelist] Re: Ov to Html

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 17:25:29 +0100

In article <54ae95b15friscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <551D98F8.3000505@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,

> > On using OP.

> > My licence policy has been two copies in simultaneous use for
> > business users allowed for the standard price.

> I hadn't realised that. I thought it applied to two separate
> computers belonging to an individual, which obviously one person can
> never in use simultaneously.

> > The whole program is free to download, as long as you can bear the
> > time delay on start up.

> > I usually put up a new version (which does not delay on start up)
> > every six months, but I've been busy this year.

> Freedom from the monthly (enjoyable but limiting) task maybe? I think
> I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

> > There are entire countries in which use of OP is free - you could
> > move - it would be worth it.

> It had never crossed my mind to move abroad to gain respite from the
> monthly parish mag - but perhaps I could outsource the DTP to (say)
> India!    8-)

> The irony is, that whenever Serif ring me up offering a newer
> (discounted) version of their DTP software, I always say, "It was
> clunky last time and I never got it going. If it was as good as
> Ovation Pro I might buy it."

I once bought something from Serif but was forever being rung up with
"special offers".  The last call I took was for an offer for which I'd just
received a mail shot.  After a lengthy conversation and "asking my
supervisor if I can give you a special discount" the price came down to £5
more than the mail shot wanted. I told them never to call me again - they
haven't

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18