[softwarelist] Re: Ov to Html

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:07:08 +0000 (GMT)

In article <551003FA.3090002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> On 23/03/2015 11:27, Dave Symes wrote:
> > Has anyone ever produced an Applet for OvPro to make an html file out
> > of an OvPro document?

> Hmm

> The best I can do is:

> http://www.heyrick.co.uk/software/ovhtml.html

> which although mostly HTML to Ovation Pro does claim to have some
> functionality in the opposite direction.

Thanks for that, I had tried that in the past, just tried it again with my
sample document... No go!

> After a lot of effort, I recalled the Levens organisation and a
> commercial product HTMLPro - see the "Others" folder on your OP CD.

Problem... I no longer have a hardware RO machine with a CD drive, and it
is impossible to read the RO OvPro CD using 'Winders'.
Oh it sees the CD and the files on it, but says it's corrupt.

RPCEmu upon which I now do most of my RO work will not see a CD/DVD drive
correctly.

Dug out the Windows OvPro CD, obviously Win can read that okay,
unfortunately the "Others" folder of "Levens" contains two other Applets,
and not what we are talking about.

> I guess full copies of this will be knocking about.

> Goes without saying this is a difficult task and you should not get your
> hopes up.

Tell me about it...  (Not really, ... way past the fat lady singing.)  ;-)
I've been trying for years to find a good solution, so I've tried a lot of
methods.

Thank
Dave

--