[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro windows

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 14:28:16 +0000 (GMT)

In article <jB54J8DTRpTNFwjN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> In message <kRI5dgCWBpTNFwji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
> <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

> >It seems to be that OP can be set up for single users or multiple
> >users. That setting looks like it won't work on W7.

> Hmm. as far as I can see 'multiuser' is implemented but not enabled. It
> should be set to 1, in which case the problem Dave is having cannot
> arise. To put it another way, as far as I know, there is no way of the
> user toggling the multiuser setting, but it has the wrong value.

> One then starts to think about the code being corrupted. Possibly the
> .exe unpacks incorrectly on W7, or when the program is run, 'multiuser'
> is over written by a neighbouring variable.

> I wonder, if this problem is new to the latest version, because although
> the program works on W7, I don't test every version on W7. I'll try the
> *latest* version on my W7 machine after lunch, Dave - you're talking
> about a version from October, I doubt that will be any different, but
> please use the latest version.

I am now using the Jan 2011 version, but I have tried Both Jan and October
2010, no difference.

> Another good question, when did this problem arise - has the program
> ever worked on the problem system?, was it older versions of OP that
> worked?

It worked yesterday morning with version Oct 2010 and had been working
previous to that without hitch, as She'd been doing a lot of work with it.

I updated a few minor Apps yesterday at various times, but then later when
the problem cropped up, I took the recovery back to before the app
updates, no change, then back a couple of days, still no change.

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid