[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro windows

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 21:22:54 +0000

Hi,

In message <51a0f6bf86dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
(Create Directory( (123) (HKEY_CURENT_USER)'

That's a new one... first thought, are you a user with administrative rights? There's been a lot of trouble with being a mere user on Windows, and W7 is more strict about who can do what.

The other question, is what are you doing when you get the above error? Installing the program, or just running it. As far as I can make out the above is an attempt to write to the registry that is failing, and I'd guess they usually only happen during installation.

I suppose you could have bad registry entries for OP, and it does not necessarily reset them when you install it again. For example when you run the installer it will offer you the existing path.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK