[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro windows

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 18:19:39 +0000 (GMT)

In article <SnvUgJKJ9tTNFwnO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> In message <51a1599f6cdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >If you have anything to add, please do.

> I read my code the wrong way around earlier today. All that stuff about
> 'multiuser' having mysteriously got the wrong value was total nonsense.

> What I should have said was that the key:

> <HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explore
> r\\Shell Folders\\AppData>

> must exist, and from your last posting you didn't have it. The
> conclusion is that your changes yesterday removed this registry key, and
> system restore didn't put it back. I'd also expect some other software
> to depend on its existence.

Forget my last short reply after visitors left...

All the apps I updated were of the Windows variety, and the only biggy was
something called PowerDesk Pro which is a sophisticated replacement for
Windows Explorer and much more, so possibly during its auto uninstall
before auto installing the new version, I'd had something open, or in use
when it was removed.

Anyway after manually creating the AppData key all is now well with OvPro,
including unhooking it from compatibility XP SP3.

All other Pilling things have been re-installed.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid