[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro windows

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 12:30:11 +0000

Hi,

In message <kRI5dgCWBpTNFwji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

It seems to be that OP can be set up for single users or multiple users. That setting looks like it won't work on W7.

Hmm. as far as I can see 'multiuser' is implemented but not enabled. It should be set to 1, in which case the problem Dave is having cannot arise. To put it another way, as far as I know, there is no way of the user toggling the multiuser setting, but it has the wrong value.

One then starts to think about the code being corrupted. Possibly the .exe unpacks incorrectly on W7, or when the program is run, 'multiuser' is over written by a neighbouring variable.

I wonder, if this problem is new to the latest version, because although the program works on W7, I don't test every version on W7. I'll try the *latest* version on my W7 machine after lunch, Dave - you're talking about a version from October, I doubt that will be any different, but please use the latest version.

Another good question, when did this problem arise - has the program ever worked on the problem system?, was it older versions of OP that worked?

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK