[softwarelist] Re: OPro 2.76

  • From: Ray Favre <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:45:34 +0000 (GMT)

In article <hMg0FgATlcbFFwTt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
<flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4e8d7a1c92ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ray Favre
> <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >I upgraded to 2.77 and latest !TransImp - then converted the
> >Impression Publisher (4.13) original document to OPro again.

> Is it possible to let me have a copy of the document?

> Private email or put it on a web page if you want everyone to have
> a look.

Answering both Martin's and your replies....and many thanks for your
interest.

The Impression document was originally created in 2002, which was
well passed my Turbodriver era. Most graphics in the document
were/are straight screen-shots made with !Paint's Snapshot facility
but a couple are Paint screen-shots superimposed with Draw
labels/arrows etc. The ones giving the problem are straight
screen-shots - but see later also.

The documents - both the Impression original and the OPro conversion
- are the !LaBella Manual which is on my web-site at:

http://rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html

(Scroll down page to LaBella and download both versions of the
Manual.)

"No publicity is bad publicity!" :-)

It was, in fact, a LaBella user who alerted me to the problem - as
I'd never printed them myself before.

The offending pages are numbered Page 64 and 65 and the offending
graphics are the two almost-identical menu+sub-menu screen-shots on
each page. (The single menu screen-shot on Page 64 does not seem to
have the problem.)

Printing these pages gives the original error, and saving out these
screen-shots and re-inserting them exhibits the unwanted shrinking.

(Selecting Page 64 and saving it as DDL gives the "Unknown object"
error when double-clicking on the DDL.)

I should also mention that the user says he is getting the printer
error with Page 33 also, which has a busy screen-shot plus Draw
labelling - but I don't get any problems with that page.

Any help/advice you can give would be much appreciated. I use the
same fairly simple format for other Manuals (mastered in Impression
and converted to OPro - and also extract the plain text version from
OPro DDL with my own custom utility) so I'd like to get things as
trouble-free as possible.

Many thanks.

--
Regards from Ray Favre. Email at:  <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>