[softwarelist] Re: OPro 2.76

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:52:05 +0100

In message <8hwjO0AE9BeFFwqJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <37307f914e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
> <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>had not been aware of: When printing from an application that supports
>>ArtWorks files (and hence calls AWRender_ClaimVectors before
>>printing), ALL Draw SWIs are actually handled by GDraw instead (which
>>is quite naughty). I am surprised nobody has noticed so far - this
>>shows how good GDraw's emulation of Draw is.
>
> That is very interesting. I would never have guessed - think about all
> that stuff with SpecialFX etc. going to great lengths to not use GDraw
> (I'm sure there are good reasons).

Yes. Things would go horribly wrong if SpecialFX redirected Draw calls
to GDraw when printing. GDraw can only print correctly if it is hooked
into the printing system in precisely the right way - ArtWorks-aware
apps ensure that by calling AWRender_ClaimVectors at the right moment.
GDraw would not work with any old app that prints.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx