[softwarelist] Re: OPro 2.76

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:25:28 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4e8f649604ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Ray Favre <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2) The second issue only arose when trying to solve the above by
> saving out the graphics as drawfiles from the OPro version; deleting
> them from the document; then dragging the drawfiles back in. When
> dragged back in the pics both now appear at 70.55% (!) size rather
> than their original 100%. Why?

Was the original pic being clipped by the frame (i.e. only the
central two thirds actually being displayed)? When OPro imports (or
reimports) a picture it usually 'scales to fit' the frame.

It might be worth loading the original export (sprite in a drawfile)
into !DPlingScan if you have it, since that will tell you the actual
size of the sprite, and immediately show whether the original sprite
has a lot of white space around it.

I have found on a very few occasions over the years that when
printing from OPro a page with images that are substantially oversize
for the frame and are being clipped, that the printing screws up by
either (a) printing bits of the picture outside the frame (b) on my
Epson inkjet the print fails completely. I should stress that this
was a rare occurence, I think each cured by going back and cropping
the original in e.g. DPlingScan and reloading into the frame.

      Chris...

--
Chris Johnson