[softwarelist] Re: OPro 2.76

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:03:48 +0000

In message <37307f914e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

had not been aware of: When printing from an application that supports
ArtWorks files (and hence calls AWRender_ClaimVectors before
printing), ALL Draw SWIs are actually handled by GDraw instead (which
is quite naughty). I am surprised nobody has noticed so far - this
shows how good GDraw's emulation of Draw is.

That is very interesting. I would never have guessed - think about all that stuff with SpecialFX etc. going to great lengths to not use GDraw (I'm sure there are good reasons).

I have logged the offending Draw SWI call from OvationPro. While
printing page 64, it asks for a rectangle to be rendered about 4
metres(!) below the bottom edge of the page.

It would be interesting to find out why.